2023 Long Course Senior Zone Championships
Dates: August 3 - 6, 2023
Held Under the Sanction of USA Swimming
Only open to Eastern Zone Swimmers
Sanction # NI-2223-043 & NI 2223-043 TT
The Long Course Senior Zone Championship Meet is open to any registered Eastern Zone USA Swimming athlete with a meet qualifying time. Qualifying times must have been achieved in USA Swimming sanctioned, approved, observed competition from January 1, 2022 through the meet entry deadline.
Held under the sanction of USA Swimming through Niagara Swimming: NI 2223-043 & NI-2223-043TT
In granting this sanction, it is understood and agreed that USA Swimming, Niagara Swimming, STAR Swimming, and Erie Community College shall be held free and harmless from any and all liabilities or claims for damages arising by reason of injuries to anyone during the conduct of this event.
Erie Community College Burt Flickinger Center
21 Oak Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
- 50 meter pool with continuous flow through gutters and Kiefer-McNeil lane dividers.
- Separate 25 yard, six-lane pool for continuous warm-up and warm-down.
- Colorado Electronic Timing system with flat wall touchpads, horn starts, and scoreboard readouts.
- From the start end, the pool depth is 7 feet at 1 meter and 7 feet and 5 meters.
- From the turn end, the pool depth is 13 feet 6 inches at 1 meter and 13 feet 6 inches at 5 meters.
- Balcony seating is for 1200 spectators.
- The competition course has not been certified in accordance with current USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, Article 104.2.2(C).
Warm-Up Prelims Warm-Up Finals Wednesday General Warm-Up - 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM - Thursday 7:00 AM to 8:50 AM 9:00 AM 3:30 PM to 4:50 PM 5:00 PM Friday 7:00 AM to 8:50 AM 9:00 AM 3:30 PM to 4:50 PM 5:00 PM Saturday 7:00 AM to 8:50 AM 9:00 AM 3:30 PM to 4:50 PM 5:00 PM Sunday 7:00 AM to 8:50 AM 9:00 AM 4:00 PM to 4:50 PM 5:00 PM
The pool will stay open for 30 minutes after the last event on each day for warm-up/warm-down. Time Trial events will begin 15-30 minutes after the conclusion of Prelims sessions, time permitting.
Order of Events
Day Women Event # Event Name Men Event # Thursday 1 200 meter Individual Medley 2 3 100 meter Freestyle 4 5 100 meter Breaststroke 6 7 1500 meter Freestyle - 8 800 meter Freestyle 9 9 200 meter Freestyle Relay 10 Friday 11 200 meter Freestyle 12 13 100 meter Butterfly 14 15 400 meter Individual Medley 16 17 400 meter Freestyle Relay 18 Saturday 19 200 meter Butterfly 20 21 100 meter Backstroke 22 23 400 meter Freestyle 24 25 800 meter Freestyle Relay 26 Sunday 27 200 meter Backstroke 28 29 50 meter Freestyle 30 31 200 meter Breaststroke 32 33 800 meter Freestyle - - 1500 meter Freestyle 34 35 400 meter Medley Relay 36
SPECTATORS & LIVESTREAM
Spectators will be allowed for this event. The meet will be accessible to all parents by a live stream provided by STAR Swimming using this YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JtD68fNRG-6r3FneEdkng.
Visiting teams will be required to provide timers for all prelim sessions. STAR Swimming will be providing timers for all finals sessions.
- $30.00 - All Sessions Pass
- $5.00 - Single Session Pass
All participating swimmers, coaches, and working officials will be issued deck credentials. These must be worn at all times. Only working USA Swimming Registered Officials, Coaches, Swimmers, and meet volunteers will be permitted on the pool deck. Please use designated pool entry areas. Credentials will be provided and must be shown to gain access and should be visible while on the deck. $10 will be charged for replacement of badges.
USA SWIMMING MEMBERSHIP
All swimmers, coaches, and officials must be current 2023 members of USA Swimming. Any team or individual entering a swimmer without a current USA Swimming Membership may be subject to a $100 per swimmer fine. There will be NO deck registration.
Certified officials wishing to work the meet should submit applications to the Eastern Zone Officials Chairman by July 21, 2023, for all positions. Assigned Officials will be notified. The application form can be found here: APPLY TO OFFICIATE
- Current USA Swimming rules shall govern this meet.
- All adults participating in or associated with this meet acknowledge that they are subject to the provisions of the USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy ("MAAPP"), and that they understand that compliance with MAAPP is a condition of participation in the conduct of this competition.
- The meet host shall establish a buffer zone around the perimeter of the pool, including the start and turn end for the safety of officials and athletes preparing to swim. Coaches are permitted to walk behind the start and turn end to pass through but are prohibited from actively coaching from either end.
- No on-deck USA-S registration is permitted.
- In compliance with USA Swimming Rules and Regulations, the use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in the changing areas, restrooms, or locker rooms. Per NI policy, the use of equipment capable of taking pictures (e.g., cell phones, cameras, etc.) is banned from behind the starting blocks during the entire meet, including warm-up, competition, and cool-down periods.
- Deck changes are prohibited.
- Any swimmer entered in the meet must be certified by a USA Swimming member coach as being proficient in performing a racing start or must start each race from within the water. It is the responsibility of the swimmer or the swimmer's legal guardian to ensure compliance with this requirement.
- All swimmers must report to the clerk of the course prior to each event in which they are entered.
- The competition course will be open for a 15-minute period starting 1 hour and 15 minutes before the start of each Prelims session. There will be no diving or backstroke starts allowed during this warm-up period except in specifically announced and designated sprint lanes.
- The competition course will be open for a 10-minute period starting 15 minutes before the start of each Finals session. There will be no diving or backstroke starts allowed during this warm-up period except in specifically announced and designated sprint lanes.
- At the discretion of the referee, swimmers entered in the meet without a qualifying time may be entered and placed in any event with open lanes.
- Swimmers may be asked to provide proof of time.
- The use of audio or visual recording devices, including a cell phone, is not permitted in changing areas, restrooms, or locker rooms.
- Swimmers who are under the supervision of meet management must exit the building immediately upon the conclusion of their events or after scratching from an event.
- All coaches must report to the designated area behind the starting blocks for each event.
- Changing into or out of swimsuits other than in locker rooms or other designated areas is prohibited.
This meet will be conducted as a Prelims/Finals Meet. The top 16 qualifiers from Prelims will advance to Finals. Consolation Finals (9-16) will be swum in the A-Flight and Finals (1-8) will be swum in the Championship Flight. The 800 and 1500 freestyle events will be swum in the A-Flight as timed finals.
Individual Events: Medals for 1st - 3rd place, ribbons for 4th - 8th place.
Relay Events: Ribbons for 1st - 8th place.
All entries must be submitted by the athlete's USA Swimming registered coach. Only those coaches who are listed on the "USA Swimming Coach Membership List" as of the entry deadline will be allowed on deck. Entries shall be submitted through an electronic entry file only.
For complete information and to access the entry file, please check out the official meet announcement.